Contact your Local Council (ask for an Environmental Health Officer or an authorised officer) if your enquiry relates to:
- the production of food for direct sale, sale, preparation or service of food
- registrations of food businesses, food safety programs
- inspections, assessment of food premises, auditing of food safety programs
- complaints about a food or food premises (suspected food-borne illness, contamination of food, labelling, undeclared food allergens, advertising and composition of food)
- improvement notices and prohibition orders, and sampling and analyses of food.
Department of Health – Environmental Health Directorate
Ph: (08) 9222 4222
Contact the Department of Health – Food Unit if your enquiry relates to general food compliance issues (and you don’t know where to start) or if your inquiry relates to:
- information on legislation
- food recalls and food-borne illness
- registration, inspection, assessment and auditing of and complaints about a food purchased from:
- a public hospital (not public canteens)
- a dairy primary production business, a dairy collection and transportation business or a dairy processing business
- a business engaged in primary production and manufacturing of bivalve molluscs
- a business not in a local government district (Rottnest Island and Kings Park).